Kids Surf LessonsKids surf lessons at Watergate Bay, Newquay
Our specialist range of Skin Pups soft top surfboards have been designed & tested by Ben Skinner and Thunderbolt technology to provide the perfect progression route for young surfers through each stage of their surfing. We will have them up and shredding the waves in no time, feeling the buzz and catching the surf bug with the rest of us.
Kids Lessons Include:
· Kids lessons are for children between the age of 6 and 12
· 1 x 90 minute surf lesson with a fully qualified surf coach and lifeguard
· All surf equipment, included custom boards designed for kids, O’Neill wetsuit, rash vest, leash, surf wax etc
· Lesson on the beach and in shallow water, no deeper than waist depth.
· A short beach lesson and safety talk, followed by 60 minutes in the water learning to surf.
· Children are supervised at all times by a qualified surf coach and lifeguard(fully CRB checked)
· Kids lessons have a ratio of 1:5 students
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to the lesson. Swimwear and towel required. Wetsuits are provided, but children may wear their own if preferred.
Additional information: We accept children aged 6 – 12 years for kids lessons. For insurance purposes we cannot accommodate children under 6 years of age. Children aged over 12 years of age will need to participate in our SSS Surf beginner or intermediate group lessons. SSS Surf stocks wetsuits to fit children that wear age 6 to 12 clothing size, if your child wears clothing smaller than this, they are welcome to try our wetsuits on, but may need to provide their own. Please advise a member of staff when booking. We reserve the right to refuse booking of any child who we believe to be under 6 years of age.
We require all of our students to have basic swimming abilities. If your child is a non swimmer or not confident in the water then please discuss this with a member of our team BEFORE booking. We can arrange a special 1 to 1 kids lesson please call for price and booking.
Children are provided with a wetsuit and a Skin Pups soft top surfboard which acts as in water buoyancy aid so life jackets are not required. Children’s lessons are conducted in under waist deep water, all our coaches are qualified beach lifeguards and surf lifesavers.
If you are interested in our private 1-1 surf lessons, please click here and submit your details and we will get back to you as soon as possible with some more details and some dates of availability.